Posted 01/11/2021 15:10:29
Category: Articles & News
Most of us probably remember our parents or grandparents admonishing us with this quote as they handed us our hats and mittens while we ran out the door. Benjamin Franklin remarked that this quote reflects “the wisdom of the ages”. Ironically, at this time of year the whispering wisdom is muted by the clamoring chaos of the holiday season, and the ever persistent though:, “Where will I find the time to focus on prevention?” The very real truth is that we either spend time engaging in things that prevent illness, or we spend time and energy treating and reversing illness in the future. With the continual barrage of information regarding colds and flu, it has become increasing difficult to separate fact from fiction regarding prevention. Much of the media is designed to generate a profit for the pharmaceutical industry with little focus on prevention. To assist in sifting through the immense data, perhaps we should focus on a few facts and practical tips that empower us to stay healthy this season.
Fact # 1 - Microbes are a part of life. Viruses and bacteria have been around since the beginning of time and it doesn’t appear that will change anytime soon. Many of these microbes are highly beneficial and we would not sustain life without them. Regarding pathogenic microbes, every time we devise a new chemical therapy to eliminate one species, invariably they find a way to adapt and survive around it. This is part of our dilemma with microbial antibiotic resistance. Perhaps we should take a queue. Instead of investing energy in an unending battle, we could expend energy in learning to adapt to them. Microbes are opportunistic and will thrive wherever conditions best suit them. The goal is to develop an internal environment supporting the beneficial bacteria while eliminating the opportunistic pathogens. The best offense is a good defense, and the best offense is to focus on strategies that build healthy tissue.
Fact # 2 - The Influenza Vaccination Does Not Guarantee Immunity. Most influenza-like illnesses are not caused by viral influenza. Rather they are derived from rhinovirus, adenovirus, mycoplasma or strep in which case the vaccine does not help. The Center of Disease Control even states: “The flu vaccine only
protects against the three specific viral strains which are included in any given year's flu vaccine. The only way to get natural and permanent immunity to a strain
of flu is to recover naturally from the flu.” The vaccination can increase the production of antibodies but this is only a small piece in the body’s immensely complex equation of immunity. More serious side effects are reported from the vaccination than from the actual influenza illness as the shot is a toxic load of
heavy metals, preservatives, viruses and bacteria.
Fact # 3 – Simple Strategies Are Powerfully Effective. Preventative measure exist that will empower you to take control of your own health. Though simple,
they bear reviewing:
- Drink lots of water. Hydration is essential to flush toxins and waste products from the system
- Eat a diet rich in antioxidants and dense in nutrients. These are abundant in fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains and legumes
- Supplement with Green Superfoods and probiotics for trace minerals, enzymes, antioxidants and micro flora necessary for proper immune function
- Use adaptogenic herbs that help cleans the bloodstream and eliminative organs, and assist in cellular detoxification – ginger, garlic, burdock, dandelion, alfalfa, thyme, and elderberry
- Stay at home when symptoms are present. This allows time to heal and to prevent spreading the viruses and bacteria to others
- Get plenty of rest and sleep. A few minutes of meditation each day will relieve stress on the nervous system building the body’s natural reserves
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water; cover your mouth with a tissue or your hand when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth which can spread the virus
Fact # 4 - Homeopathic Remedies Assist in Prevention and Accelerate Recovery. Numerous scientific studies have been conducted worldwide proving that homeopathic remedies assist in prevention of and recovery from virtually every illness on the face of the planet. During the deadly flu pandemic of 1918, homeopathic patients had a death rate of 1% while the death rate in conventional medical hospitals was about 40%. Clinical studies have proven certain homeopathic and herbal formulas superior to the vaccine and anti-viral medicines in prophylactic coverage and recovery from flu. Advances in homeopathy have created remedies that regulate physiological processes increasing lymphocytes, natural killer cells and antiinflammatory molecules necessary for arresting microbes and toxins that contribute to both acute and chronic illness.
Above all, remember -> Fact # 5 - Given the Right Tools, The Human Body Possesses the Awesome Capacity to Heal and to Stay Healthy.